It is bitingly cold outside and the nights are drawing in and up and down the country, there is the slight hint of sleigh bells ringing. So, it is definitely time for Microsoft to warm us all up, which it is doing with it’s ‘Winter Of Arcade‘ promotion for XBox One.
We are midway through the promotion which started on December 4th with the release of Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom. You can buy any of the titles via Microsoft Store Online and Xbox One through [email protected], and four of the titles will be available via Xbox Games Pass.
On top of the gaming goodness, if you purchase a game, they get a £4.39 gift card for each game they purchase through the Xbox or Microsoft Store Online, after the first one, up to a total of £35.12 if all nine available games are purchased.
The games can hardly be said to be lacking in originality. In Donut County you control a hole which is used by a band of racoons, via a mobile app, to essentially take over the county. The game starts with the residents of the said County sat scratching their heads around a campfire and the levels are for the most part a flashback of how they ended up in their predicament. Each level involves destroying a lived-in place that somebody loves, callously picking it apart piece-by-piece.
Below is a list of games that are part of the Winter of Arcade.
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – December 4
- Mutant Year Zero (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced) – December 4
- Subnautica (Xbox One X Enhanced) – December 4
- Ashen (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced) – December 7
- Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek – December 7
- Kingdom Two Crowns (Xbox Game Pass) – December 11
- Desert Child – December 12
- Below (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced) – December 14
- Donut Country – December 18th